This easy DIY takes less than an hour, including cleaning up after! It’s natural and the fresheners will make your garbage disposal smell as fresh and clean as the day you bought it.
• 1 cup baking soda
• ½ cup salt
• ¾ cup liquid Castile soap
• 30 drops essential oil
• Measuring spoon (we used a tablespoon)
1. Combine baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. Add Castile soap and essential oils. (See our scent ideas below!)
3. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture reaches the texture of wet sand. (YL tip: If you add too much water, the mixture won’t pack together or dry properly. Add more baking soda and salt to get the texture of wet sand.)
4. Pack the mixture into the measuring spoon. (YL tip: To get your freshener out of the measuring spoon, tap the spoon lightly on the counter until the contents slide out. Be careful! The mixture hasn’t dried yet, so it might be fragile.)
5. Let the fresheners dry for about 24 hours.
6. Store in a sealed glass jar and keep dry.
Put 1-3 fresheners in your garbage disposal. Turn the faucet on a steady cold stream and run the disposal for up to 1 minute.
• Classic Clean: 20 drops Thieves® and 10 drops Lemon
• Citrus Herb: 10 drops Rosemary, 10 drops Grapefruit, 5 drops Lemon, and 5 drops Peppermint
• Freshen Up: 10 drops Purification®, 10 drops Eucalyptus Radiata, and 10 drops Spearmint
For more glimpses into the fun, excitement, and connection that being a Young Living member brings, subscribe to see more videos like this!
Want more? Follow us on our social media to get great DIY projects, tips on using our essential oils, and the next events that you can be a part of!