Want to get even more out of your homemade finger paint? Include aromatherapy by adding essential oils to the paint recipe. Lavender comes in handy, but you can totally use any child-safe essential oil!
This finger paint recipe is super simple to make and takes only four ingredients. We’re willing to bet you have them in your cupboard already. Prep the paint while the little ones nap or involve tweens and teens in the creating process too!
• 1½ cups all-purpose flour
• 1½ cups salt
• 1–3 cups water
• Natural food coloring
• 10 drops Lavender essential oil
1. Combine flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Add 1 cup of water and stir to mix. Continue to slowly add water a little bit at a time until the paint reaches a liquid consistency with no lumps. You may not need to use the full 3 cups—just use enough to make the paint pourable.
3. Add your desired essential oils and mix in.
4. Separate paint into smaller containers to add food coloring.
YL tip: Rinse your tools and bowls while the finger paint mixture is wet. The flour-salt-water combo is easier to clean up before it dries.
To purchase Lavender essential oil to take your finger paints to the next level, visit: https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/products/lavender-essential-oil
For more eye-catching, have-to-watch Young Living content, subscribe to see more videos like this! Can’t get enough? Follow us on social media to get creative DIYs, essential oil tried-and-true tips, and information about upcoming events!