The root of the problem for most unhealthy and breakable hair is, well, your roots. Use this DIY hair mask infused with Rosemary and Ginger to give your scalp a well-deserved treat and get the selfie-ready hair you’ve been searching for.
• 3-4 drops Rosemary essential oil
• 2-3 drops Ginger essential oil
• 2 tablespoons carrier oil, such as coconut, almond, or olive oil
1. Begin with clean hair, as leftover product buildup on the hair and scalp will prevent your mask from soaking in fully.
2. Combine the Rosemary and Ginger essential oils with the carrier oil in a small bowl.
3. Grab a comb and begin parting your hair in sections.
4. Apply the mixture from your scalp to your roots using your fingers. You can also use a comb if that is easier to spread the product throughout the hair. Focus mainly on the scalp, allowing the oil to fully saturate the area.
5. Leave the mixture in your hair for 15-30 minutes, then wash as usual.
6. Apply this mask twice per week for best results.
YL tip: This is a great opportunity to play around with other essential oils that are also known for amping up your hair routine. Try replacing the essential oils in this recipe with Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, Clary Sage, Tea Tree, or Geranium. If you do, let us know which mask combo is your favorite!
To get started, purchase your favorite essential oils at YoungLiving.com.
To join in on the fun, excitement, and connection that being a Young Living member brings, subscribe to see more videos like this!
Follow us on our social media to for even more inspiring DIY projects, tips on using our essential oils, and the next events that you can be a part of!