We promise, the next time your child yells “I want to play with slime!” you’ll be just as excited as they are! And bonus: Adding essential oils to slime is the most fun way to introduce your little ones to aromatherapy.
How do you make slime with essential oils?
• 4 ounces non-toxic white glue
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 1–2 tablespoons multipurpose sterile solution (contact solution)
• KidScents® GeneYus™ essential oil blend
• Natural food coloring (optional)
1. Add glue to a bowl.
2. Add food coloring if you’re working with colors.
3. Mix in baking soda until smooth.
4. Add 1 tablespoon contact solution and mix slowly. The glue mixture will start to become stringy as it hardens to form a ball.
5. Pick up the mixture and knead with your hands until it becomes smooth. If it remains too slimy and won’t come together, add ½ tablespoon of contact solution at a time until it is smooth.
6. Add up to 8 drops of essential oil and mix until combined. If the aroma is too potent, use less oil.
7. Get playing! Set out placemats or parchment paper to keep things from getting too messy.
To keep everything slimy and fresh, store your slime in an airtight container for up to 3 months. After a few days, the scent of the oil may fade. Get your homemade slime smelling sweet again by adding 3 drops of oil and mixing well.
#YLTip: Even if you’re having a blast, remember that this slime was made for the kiddos, so be sure to use essential oils* that are formulated especially for little hands like the KidScents® line:
*Avoid using photosensitive oils if playing with the slime outside or going outside shortly after play.
To get started, purchase your favorite child-friendly essential oils at YoungLiving.com.
Why is it so great to be a Young Living member? It’s fun, exciting, and the community connection is unbeatable! For a greater glimpse into how and why, subscribe to see more videos like this!
Ready to see more? Follow us on our social media for can’t-miss DIYs, tips on using our essential oils, and the next events that you can be a part of!